This dress started a few weeks ago with a muslin for the Fancy Tiger Wanderlust Tee, the plan always being to turn it into this dress. I'd been wanting to make something like this with the Hemlock tee but being as that is a straight pattern and the Wanderlust is a-line, like I wanted, starting here seemed like a much better and less time consuming idea. It was.
Amber sent me the pattern as soon as it was released (friend perks, thanks again!) and I printed the PDF immediately, but it took me a bit to get the muslin cut out because life and business of course got in the way.
After the muslin, which was a size M, I made the following pattern alterations:
- Removed 1/4" from the seam allowance bringing the garment seam allowance from 1/2" down to 1/4" so that I could make the dress more easily on my serger.
- Following the side seams, I added 11" in length to the hem.
- Shortened the sleeves by 2 1/2".
I should also admit that I never read the sewing instructions so I'm just assuming I put the thing together as written.
The dress is awesome and the linen sewed like a dream. I have this same fabric in an olive green so that will be turned into a Wanderlust dress as soon as I get the time. Perfect dress for the hot, humid, soul crushing weather happening in Chicago at the moment.